• default style
  • blue style
  • green style
  • red style
  • orange style
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

GRAB R&D OPPORTUNITIES, SOLID STATE SCIENCE TECH RESEARCHERS TOLD

on 04 Disember 2010.

KUCHING, Dec 1 (Bernama) -- Researchers in the solid state science and technology industry are encouraged to grab opportunities available under the 2011 budget revision, Chief Minister Tan Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud said today.

He said the government allocated large sums for research programmes under the Science Fund, Techno Fund and Fundamental Research Grant Schemes in next year''s budget which was very important for training scientists and engineers.

"With this encouragement, it is hoped local scientists, especially in Sarawak, can greatly contribute to advancing new theories in the application field that will contribute to the nation''s income," he said at the opening the Third International Conference on Solid State Science and Technology 2010, here today.

The text of his speech was read on his behalf by Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Dr George Chan.

Solid state science is the study of physical and chemical phenomena associated with the assembly of atoms in the solid phase while the technology is being used in the process of making silicon chips and integrated circuits.

In Sarawak, the X-Fab company was leading research and development (R&D) in the solid state science and technology for which the challenges were the research on silicon, wafer, cell and module.

He said good R&D in such science and technology among scientists that produced pattern and products would definitely attract foreign investors to the country.

Taib added only 28 per cent of the total workforce in the state were employed in high-skill jobs.

The total cummulative funding requirement between 2010 and 2020 is RM78 billion, with 12 per cent coming from the public sector and the remaining 88 per cent from the private sector, he said.

Earlier, Unimas Vice Chancellor Datuk Khairuddin Ab. Hamid said Unimas won five gold metals and two special awards at the World Exhibition on Innovation, Research and New technologies held in Brussels, Belgium, ths month.

One of products in the Medicine-Health Care category that won the gold medal was a battery operated figure rehabilitation device which allowed a controlled movement of the fingers for post-stroke patients to undergo basic physiotherapy at the convenience of their own home.

A gold medal and special award also went to Uminas''s Resource Science and Technology faculty which invented a starch-based gel eletroclyte film of high ionic conductivity out of local sago flour, which can be used for various electrochemical device applications such as rechargeable batteries, super capacitors, fuel cells, electrochromic devices and sensors.

Extracted from Yahoo! News Malaysia.

Arkib Berita

Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia Telephone: +60 82581000/+60 82581388, Fax: +60 82 665 088, Email: corporate@unimas.my
Copyright © 2015 Official Portal of Universiti Malaysia Sarawak. All Rights Reserved.
Tarikh terakhir kemaskini: Khamis 28 Januari 2016.

Jom Masuk U Logo MOF Logo JPA logo Malaysian Govt Picture  MSC Logo MyIDEAS Logo 1Malaysia Logo krste myhealth
Peta Laman | Penafian | Polisi | Panduan Portal | Maklum Balas | FAQ
Paparan terbaik  menggunakan  Mozilla Firefox Version versi 3+,  Microsoft Internet Explorer Versi 9+ atau Google Chrome
Laman web ini tidak menyokong paparan dalam mobile.
Untuk sebarang pertanyaan atau komen mengenai laman web ini,
HUBUNGI :- WEBMASTER(AT)UNIMAS.MY 

Tarikh terakhir kemaskini: Khamis 28 Januari 2016.

Visitors Counter : 3173282

 

Alamat e-mel ini dilindungi daripada spambots. Anda perlukan JavaScript diaktifkan untuk memaparkannya.

alexa